Chemical Product & Company Identification
|Product Name ||n-Butanol |
|Product Identification Number(s) ||00042-00, P0004200, P0004201, P0004203, P0004204, P0004205, P000420A, P000420B, P00042J6, P00042S0, P00042S3, P0004202, P000420C, E00042E1, E00042E2, E00042E3, P000420N |
|Supplier ||Plastichem Industrial |
Corporation B/ 27, Cordelia House, D Souza Wadi, 2nd Floor, Thane West Thane -400604, Maharashtra, India
|MSDS Prepared by ||Plastichem Industrial |
Corporation Product Safety and Health
|Chemical Name ||1-butanol |
|Synonym(s) ||900050 |
|Molecular Formula ||C4H10O |
|Molecular Weight ||74.12 |
|Product Use ||solvent |
|OSHA Status || |
For emergency health, safety and environmental information, telephone England: 0800 894326 (toll free) or Eire: 010 3110 2402 139 or Switzerland: (041) 7266100 (office hours 0800 - 1700). For emergency transportation information, telephone England: 0800 964214 or Eire: 01800 559700 (24-hour toll free), or for countries other than England or Eire telephone 1 423 229 2000 (USA) and identify the call as a transportation emergency.Composition Information on Ingredients
(Typical composition is given, and it may vary. A certificate of analysis can be provided.)
|Weight % ||Component ||CAS Registry No. |
|100.00% ||1-butanol ||71-36-3 |
Flammable liquid and vapor causes eye irritation-high vapor concentrations may cause drowsiness and irritation of the eyes or respiratory tract prolonged or repeated skin contact may cause drying, cracking, or irritationHMIS® Hazard Ratings:
- Health - 2
- Flammability -3
- Chemical Reactivity - 0
HMIS® rating involves data interpretations that may vary from company to company. They are intended only for rapid, general identification of the magnitude of the specific hazard. To deal adequately with the safe handling of this material, all the information contained in this MSDS must be considered.4. FIRST-AID MEASURES
Fire Fightings Measures
- Skin: Wash with soap and water. Remove contaminated clothing and shoes. Get medical attention if symptoms occur. Wash contaminated clothing before reuse. Destroy or thoroughly clean
- contaminated shoes.
- Ingestion: Seek medical advice.
- Extinguishing Media: water spray, dry chemical, carbon dioxide, foam
- Special Fire-Fighting Procedures: Wear self-contained breathing apparatus and protective clothing. Use water spray to keep fire-exposed containers cool. Water may be ineffective in fighting the fire.
- Hazardous Combustion Products: carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide
- Unusual Fire and Explosion Hazards: Vapors may cause a flash fire or ignite explosively. Vapors may travel considerable distance to a source of ignition and flash back. Prevent buildup of vapors or gases to explosive concentrations.
We are one of the leading company engaged in offering premium quality n-butyl alcohol
to our highly valued clients. The detailed information about the msds can be easily viewed through the pdf that is given in pdf.